Thursday, January 5, 2012

X-Men: First Class

Action/Sci-Fi Movie From 20th Century Fox

If you've seen the other X-Men movies, like I have, then you will be a little disappointed in this film. Unlike the other X-Men films, this one does not follow the previously regulated canon. For those of you who read this (none) who don't know what canon is; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_(fiction); not the camera compony. Any way, as I've said before, I try not to cause spoilers, but I may put a few in. It has the following mutants in it:

--------------SPOILER WARNING!!!-------------------

Professor X
Mystique
Magneto
Sebastian Shaw
Emma Frost
Azazel
Angel (bug one not Angel one)
Riptide
Darwin
Havok
Banshee
Beast
Wolverine (BRIEFLY) (ONE LINE)

-------


I just thought I'd put that up there. I don't think anyone cares, but I didn't want those that did to go scrolling through Wikipedia. 

As I said before, this film has a certain disrespect of canon, and I thought I should list them here, there are two:
One: In X3, Magneto and Xavier show up at Jean Gray's house. They are both old, and in the movie they part when they are young. 

Two: In X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Emma Frost has a small appearance as the sister of Wolverine's girlfriend. Now that would be fine, except Emma in Origins is much younger then she should be, and Xavier is both old and standing. Note that at the end of this movie, Xavier is shot in the but and loses all feeling in his legs. SPOILER!!!!<<

--------Spoilers End Here--------

The movie is supposed to be about the origins of the X-Men, but it doesn't quite pull it off. Either way, I recommend it.


Storyline: ****0-Minus one star because of breaking canon
Special Effects:****0-almost perfect, has semi-crappy pink light effects
Parental Warnings:****0-Swearing (quote-"Go f*** yourself"), women in bras, a General sort of having s** with someone (sorta), Mystique showing up in Magneto's bed. 
Overall: ***** EPIC MOVIE

No comments:

Post a Comment