Saturday, November 26, 2011

"Last Stand: Union City" Review

2D Flashplayer Game From Armor Games and Con Artist Games.

Okay, I'm just gonna write this one as I play. I've played this game many times before, I'm just using it as my first review thats all. Oh wait, I don't own anything I review. Unless I finish that novel I'm working on. Other than that, I own nothing except an account or a copy of the book. I hope I got that right. On to the review.

Started game. There are two modes, "Run and Gun" mode, which has a small note "Easy/Normal Mode"; and "Survivor", which has a "Hard Mode" note. I selected Hard. You first have to allow access to your computer, which I have done. You can custimize his looks, and his stats. If you select "Custom Class", you can custimize your character in whichever way you want, but there are multiple classes to choose from already, Soldier, Worker, etc. In custom the layout is as follows.

Strength       -5+
Precision      -5+
Intellect        -5+
Endurance   -5+
Luck            -5+

you can raise or lower the level here, and you are given 10 extra points to use. I am gonna try and even it all out, with each skill at 7.
Next Screen is "Skills", less important ones. Sorta. You have Four Fields; Strength, Endurance, Precision, and Intellect, and each of those has several sub-sections. Str has 2, blunts and blades, representing the two type of melee weapons. Endurance has 2 as well, Fitness and Survival, for your athletic abilities and your abilities to conserve your strength, respectively.  Precision has 4, all ment for guns, Pistols, Long Guns (shotguns), Automatics (machineguns and submachineguns), and Special Weapons (RPGs, grenades, grenade launchers, etc). Intellect also has 4 subsections, Smarts (lowers the amount of money you pay for items, as well as how much xp you get), Security (how well you pick locks), First Aid (Increases the benefit you get from healing objects), and Searching (how much you find when you search). You add ten points to each 13-marked section, and have 4 points to spend. It makes perfect scence. I have it set for Blunt, Survival, Pistols, and Searching.
 CLICK FINISH.

OOh nice cinematics. an iphone. HOLY CRAP! I JUST HIT SOMEONE! Its a zombie if you walk back to look at it. Ok walking with wasd controls. shift is run. s is crouch, w is jump. look around with mouse. click to shoot. or in this case punch when you start. I will ad stuff to this post every few minutes until I finish the game. R is reload your gun. Tab is open inventory, and there are buttons on the bottom of the game. E is look, enter, or open, or walk up stairs, or enter the map. F is flashlight. Spacebar is shove. A picture of a house and an arrow is a safehouse apparently.

---

There are quests, xp, and lots of weapons as the game progresses. There are trophies, and xp rewards with them. I don't want to spoil the storyline though.

---

Okay... at level 8 my computer came across a bug in the game (slow script) so I started over.


Here's my final review.

Storyline: ****0: good storyline, excellant plot.
Playability: ****0: Save game, easy to play, few bugs.
Parental Warnings: ***00: Blood and Gore, though its all 2d and cartoonish. A little disturbing.
Overall: ****0: Pretty Good.

Link: http://armorgames.com/play/12009/the-last-stand-union-city

No comments:

Post a Comment